i've refused to write because i knew i would be tempted to write about all of that. breaking up. the church and prop. 8. being sad. my family and prop. 8. being angry. ad nauseum ad infinitum. and i didn't really want to do that to anyone who reads what i write. plus i wasn't sure what, if any, of that i want out in the ether. so i've avoided blogging.
so why am i here tonight? apparently talking about the very things i said i didn't want to talk about? i'm here because i decided to add blogging back into the schedule of activities that has helped keep me a little sane the last couple of months. and it has been a schedule.
there are the scheduled interactions with other people:
- lunch with the thai tuesday crew almost every tuesday
- lunch with grad student friends every wednesday
- dinner with george almost every wednesday
- talking to JP every week
- attending quaker meeting once a month
- waking up early to plan a lesson before class every MWF
- organizing my medicine every monday into a little pill case so i can take it every day
- planning my week every sunday
- weekly appointments to take better care of my health
- walking to and from campus MWF (and occasionally in between)
- crying (which has happened with unfortunate frequency; so much so that it sometimes feels scheduled)
- tea with J. because we've done it twice in the last couple of weeks and it's such a pleasure.
- dancing. which i haven't been able to do because of the side effects of new medications. but i'm getting a handle on those, so i should be able to dance again.
- bike riding. because i know it would be good for me, body and soul.
- going to the grad student knitting group. because i have projects to work on. and talk is good. and new friends are always a good thing.
- baking my own bread. mmmyummy. i'll even have my own sour dough start soon.
- blogging. because i miss writing about my world.