12 November 2009

pick-up.

today i got down.  and that made it hard to work.  and i can't afford to have another day like that tomorrow.  so i'm going to make a list of good things and when i start to get down tomorrow, i'll come read it.  so in no particular order, here are a few things that make my life lovely:

  • little birds hopping happily in the bushes outside the window
  • good news about a friend's progress in a particularly tough class
  • talking to my sweet little niece  on the phone today
  • hearing another sweet little niece coo (this one's only 2 1/2 months old)
  • cool enough weather to justify wearing a cozy sweater when i went out tonight
  • my mama telling me she loves me
  • talking with the dean about the progress i'm making in my program
  • making plans for a visit to the beautiful huntington gardens 
  • dark, delicious sipping chocolate at my favorite cafe 
  • the smell of rain and fresh cut grass when i stepped out the door tonight
and these little things are enough to pick me up.  g'night.

No comments:

Post a Comment