the only question is how. i've never had to really think about losing weight before. the only time i lost any significant amount, it just sort of happened when my lifestyle changed a bit. this time, it's going to take some concerted effort. so here's what i'm going to do:
- slimfast for breakfast. because a friend used it a few years ago and it worked for her. so i'm willing to ignore the questionable taste and try it.
- exercising at least three times a week. i should really try to workout daily, but i know myself well enough to know that is highly unlikely. i figure having a more realistic goal will not only make it more achievable, but also less likely to result in guilt, which usually triggers a defeatist attitude and the subsequent indulgence in sweets. yeah. i want to avoid that scenario.
- in addition to working out, i'm going to try to walk more often. i think the fact that i walked thirty minutes a day helped me lose the weight the last time.
- cutting down on portion sizes. i don't much buy into fad diets that stress cutting carbs or just sugar or purges or what have you. but i do think that cutting portion sizes can go a long way.
- cutting down on sugar intake. i won't cut it altogether. i like sweets. and i'll occasionally eat them. but no more snacking on candy bars from the college vending machine or making a side trip to get a cupcake.
- cutting down on fast food. it's just too easy to run through a drive through to grab a quick bite to eat. this will be easier since i'm relatively poor and fast food adds up quickly. it's much cheaper to just buy the groceries and cook.
so there you have it. my plan. hopefully it will produce results and i'll be able to wear my jeans again. and all my cute skirts. and hopefully the slimfast will become more palatable. this morning i drank the "french vanilla" (in quotes because it tasted neither french nor vanilla) with a diet coke chaser.