23 July 2007

scrapes.
in the last week, i have:

1. kicked the corner of an open cupboard door. which hurt like hell. then, later that day, spent five hours on my feet (at a concert and waiting in line to get into the qwik-e-mart). by the end of the evening i was limping.

2. kicked a brick while wearing flipflops (with my other foot). which resulted in skinned up toes. apparently it's dangerous to walk in the dark.

3. jammed my pinkie finger on a cement wall while trying to catch myself after kicking the brick (if you've emailed me in the last several days and i haven't written back, it's because i'm only now getting back to typing fluently; my last post was picked out one letter at a time; i'll be trying to catch up today).

4. scraped back the skin at the base of a fingernail (on the other hand). it hurt far out of proportion to the size of the wound. this is what i get for jamming my hand into spaces that are obviously a little too small. repeatedly. but it was in pursuit of a good cause--a clean room for my siblings to stay in this week when they visit.

5. and jammed a pin into the pad at the base of my index finger. which didn't hurt, but resulted in a surprising amount of blood.

so now that i've inflicted injury on both hands and both feet, i'm trying to decide if that's a sign that i'll be injury free next week in the mountains or that i've suddenly become accident-prone and really shouldn't take on something like a week in the wilderness. maybe if i get up there and hurt myself sufficiently i can guilt my brothers into carrying my pack...

6 comments:

  1. I'm always getting scraped up, beat up...the more active I am, the more bruises and cuts I find on my body....most I couldn't tell you how I got them. Just Saturday afternoon I looked down on my hand and see a bruise the color of a hickey. I touch it to see if its indeed a bruise..and it is. I assume I got it on my bike ride, but how, I couldn't tell you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds pretty close to stigmata to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your subconscious self is trying to tell you the beach (even though "sand gets everywhere")and shopping with your sisters would be less painful and MORE FUN! :)
    tash

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like fun! (The week in the wilderness, not the owies.) Let us know how it goes...

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to kick against the bricks. Have a great time next week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry you're hurt...we'll love you no matter what you decide. BTW...Colorado Springs is awesome...you should look into jobs here. you would LOVE it!!

    ReplyDelete